Good morning everyone,
So once again, it’s Tuesday and here is another tag! This one is the Ultimate Book Tag! I hope you enjoy it. Don’t forget, all my tags are open and anyone can join in! If you do copy the tag from me, please tag me in it so I can read your answers.
Unfortunately I don’t know who the creator of this tag is, otherwise I would happily tag away and give my thanks!
Once again hope you enjoy!
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
I’m quite lucky with this and no I don’t get sick! In fact I’ve always got my kindle or book with me, especially for very long journeys. If it’s dark, then I have my phone and I can use the kindle app on there and can change the back light to black to there is no light glare!
2. Which authors writing style is completely unique to you and why?
This is difficult! I’ve very recently found Laini Taylor and Jen Williams, their styles I absolutely love and the way they paint the scene if you like. You actually feel like you are in their worlds. But I have to admit, the writing style of Terry Goodkind had me hooked with his Sword of Truth series. The world, the characters, everything just drew me in and I felt like I was there with Kahlan and Richard on their journey.
3. Harry Potter series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
If my sister reads this, I think I’m going to be in trouble. I genuinely haven’t read any Harry Potter! I did read the Twilight Saga. But I’m going to base this question on the films only as I have seen every film on both parts and in my opinion there is no contest… Harry Potter all the way!
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books…)?
Well… I always have my kindle in my bag, unless I’m reading it of course! Apart from that no book bags. Just a normal handbag, with everything in but the kitchen sink.
5. Do you smell your books?
Well, I don’t make a habit of going up to my bookshelves, but I do love the smell of a new book, old book, it doesn’t matter! But I do prefer the smell of a new one.
6. Books with or without illustrations?
Personally without… but if I had children to read to I’m sure it would be a whole different story.
7. What book did you love reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
To be honest, I don’t think I can answer this one. As everyone’s taste in books and writing styles is different. I could say that one books writing wasn’t quality but someone else could say it was excellent. **That was a bit philosophical of me wasn’t it?**
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
I can’t actually remember any funny stories!
9. What is your thinnest book on your shelf?
I have no idea! I’m stumped with this one.
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
The Memoirs of Cleopatra by Margaret George – 964 pages long
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
No I don’t write. I don’t think I’d be able to write anything even if I wanted to!
12. When did you get into reading?
For as long as I can remember I’ve loved reading. I can remember owning a lot of Enid Blyton as a child as loved The Magic Faraway Tree series.
13. What is your favourite classic book?
I have read Moll Flanders and a few other classics, but I don’t think I’d be able to pick an ultimate favourite as one day they will all become classics.
14. In school what was your best subject?
I wasn’t very exceptional at anything in school. But my worst subject was maths… hell it still is! My favourite subjects were English and languages (French and Spanish).
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated… what would you do?
All presents I believe must be kept unless a few years have gone by and then it’s acceptable to pass to someone else, obviously not as a gift, but so someone can enjoy it. I’m quite lucky in my family as we always ask what we have or haven’t read, or even what specific book we want. It saves us getting one we never wanted.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of, that is similar to Harry Potter or The Hunger Games?
I think I’d have to go with the Divergent series. It’s not the same, but kind of is the same as the Hunger Games. But they are both in the dystopian genre.
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while filming?
I’m not quite sure what this question means but I think where books are concerned I’m always wanting more and requesting more.
18. What is your favourite word?
I don’t think I’d better repeat it here lol! But other than a cuss word, awesome or fantastic are probably my favourites.
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
My step son would probably tell me I’m a nerd… but I’m none of the above… I’m a geek and proud!!
20. Vampires or fairies? Why?
This is a tough one, but I think I’m going to have to say vampire. I’ve never been a girl that’s into really girly things. Fairies to me resemble girly, pretty, pink, beautiful and angelic.
But I prefer the dark colours and night, although vampires can be portrayed as being angelic, due to having youthful looks all the time. But for me it’s the darkness. The dark can still be beautiful.
21. Shapeshifters or angels? Why?
Angels for me, just the thought of being able to fly and have those beautiful wings to glide with!
22. Spirits or werewolves? Why?
Good question, I actually quite like the idea of both, but if I had to choose, I’d say werewolf. You’d get to run free and you still get to be human.
23. Zombies or vampires? Why?
Again, I’d say vampires, zombies are just weird and jerky and I can’t be dealing with jerking everywhere (sounds like something out of a porn movie :O !!)
24. Love triangle or forbidden love?
I’d have to go with forbidden love. As at the end of the day a love triangle, someone is bound to get hurt. Forbidden love they always find a way of being together.
25. AND FINALLY! Full on romance books or action packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
I think I’d have to say action packed with a few love scenes.
I made it to the end!! I hope you’ve enjoyed it! Don’t forget to join in and tag me so I can see what you’ve written!
Have an awesome holiday season!!